Ticket Shield is a legal firm built and focused entirely on the mission to be one of Ontario’s top traffic ticket defence offices, and the number one choice for motorists looking for affordable and qualified representatives for their traffic tickets. We can help with all types of tickets.
All legal representation provided by Ticket Shield is conducted by agents fully licensed and authorized by the Law Society of Ontario.
Should I Fight My Traffic Ticket?
While this decision is ultimately up to you, there are many factors that you should consider. Beyond the fact that the ticket can damage a good driving record, there could also be financial implications that extend for years. It is important that you analyze all of your options and make a decision. Should you take a chance with attending court unrepresented? Should you first speak to one of the qualified and licensed court agents at Ticket Shield? Is Ticket Shield the right legal firm for me?
Why Should I Choose Ticket Shield?
As you know, there are many options for traffic ticket defence firms. So, why should you choose Ticket Shield?
- We know that not every case is the same. We spend the time to LISTEN to you and YOUR case. We then build your defence using legal arguments, case law and experience with a focus on your desired outcome.
- We are AFFORDABLE. You are already facing the financial hardship of a possible fine and increased insurance rates. Lets work together and keep your costs as low as possible. We realize that the reason you are hiring us is to SAVE money, not waste more of it.
- We are available to answer your questions. One of the biggest complaints with legal professionals is that they are difficult to get hold of. You will not find that with Ticket Shield. We are responsive and willing to discuss your questions or concerns. You will be given frequent updates about the progression of your case.
- Ticket Shield understands that automobile Insurance Rates are high enough. We will do everything in our power to keep your insurance rates as low as possible.
- Many offences under the Highway Traffic Act include Demerit Points, which can impact your driving record for years. Ticket Shield can assist you in keeping these points off your driving record.
- We provide FREE consultations. Lets talk. Even if you decide not to have Ticket Shield defend you with your ticket, we can at least steer you in the right direction. Give us a call or contact us online.
- We understand the law and traffic court procedures. The legal system can be intimidating. Let us do the heavy lifting and ease your mind knowing that we are acting in your best interest. In most cases, you do not even need to attend court.
What are Demerit Points?
Demerit Points accumulate on your driving record when you are convicted of certain driving-related charges, such as careless driving or speeding. The amount of points assigned to each offence is determined by the Ministry of Transportation, not the court. Different types of tickets will have more or less points than others. Demerit Points will remain on your driving record for 2 years following the date of the offence – not the date of conviction. Depending on what type of license you have, you can face suspensions if you accumulate too many Demerit Points.
For someone with a full G License, you may be called into the Ministry of Transportation Office for an interview where you have a chance to argue why you should not have your license suspended after 9 demerit points. At 15 demerit points, a driver will face an automatic 30 day suspension.
For someone with a G1 or G2 license, you may be called into the Ministry of Transportation Office for an interview where you have a chance to argue why you should not have your license suspended after only 4 demerit points. At 9 demerit points, a novice driver will face an automatic 60 day suspension.
If a driver suffers a 2nd demerit point suspension, it will result in a 6 month license suspension.
Ticket Shield takes all the steps necessary to avoid demerit points and protect your driving record, which can ultimately avoid a licence suspension. Ticket Shield prides itself in providing professional and skilled representation throughout the process of fighting traffic tickets for our clients. We can help in nearly all situations and fight all types of tickets. To obtain more information, or to receive a FREE consultation, call us toll-free at 855-561-3699, using our local number to you, or by contacting us online.
Request a FREE Consultation and Quote below: